Top 20 Signs You're From the Coal Region
20. Your grandmother, of any nationality, wears a babushka.
19. You think only God has the proper resume to take over after Joe Paterno leaves Penn State.
18. To the rest of the world, Hooters is a restaurant chain. To you it's a band from Philadelphia.
17. You're still not over the break up of Journey.
16. Plaid gives you Catholic school flash backs.
15. You can easily spell and pronounce last names like Wojciechowski and Ricigliano.
14. You've eaten coal candy.
13. You don't think a stripping hole is an adult club.
12. While the rest of the country is celebrating Fat Tuesday, you're celebrating donut day.
11. You think A-Treat soda is a national brand.
10. You consider a marriage between a person from St. John's and St.Pat's Catholic Churches a mixed marriage.
9. You still have halupkies on New Years day.
8. You want to scream every time a newscaster tries to pronounce Schuylkill.
7. You're shocked to find out no one in your office knows what Yuengling beer is.
6. People wonder why you'd bet dollars to donuts on anything.
5. No matter where you live, you still think it's warmer than Frackville.
4. You're the only person on your street that "straightens the house" before guests come over.
3. You can dodge potholes at 55 m. p. h.
2. You get misty-eyed when you see Mrs. T's pierogies in the frozen food aisle.
And the number one sign you're from the coal region:
1. You can polka with the best of them!